So, without further ado, here you go!
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets (or whatever white fish you have on hand)
- 1/2 fresh lemon (or aprox 2 Tbsps)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil or butter at room temp. (I used 2 extra virgin and 2 virgin to add some coconut flavour)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 Tbsp bread crumbs
- Pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika to taste (I put this on everything!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put half of the Oil/Butter in the bottom of a baking dish, large enough for a single layer of fillets
- Place fillets in baking dish and squeeze/pour lemon juice on top of the fish
- Place baking dish on center rack of the oven and bake until fish is tender and flaky. Baking time will depend on your oven and if you’re fish is fresh or frozen, but this time will likely be between 8-15 minutes
- In a small bowl combine cheese, remaining oil/butter, mayonnaise, and seasonings
- Mix well with fork until combined
- When fish is done, take out of the oven and switch oven to broil.
- Spread cheese mixture on to of fish, sprinkle bread crumbs on top and broil until golden brown and slightly crispy on top, about 3 – 5 minutes.
note: Make sure you watch the fish well when under the broiler. The crust will brown very quickly and you certainly don’t want it to burn!