About once a month, I have a nearly insatiable craving for chocolate. Rich, dark, creamy, smooth chocolate. Wanting something a little more smooth and decadent, without all the fuss, this NESQUIK Chocolate Mousse was born.
Stir things up with four simple ingredients, and just 3o minutes of prep time, my once a month craving quickly turned into a weekly habit! Watch the video for a full tutorial and see for yourself just how easy this recipe is.
As a vegetarian with meat eating children, I often worry if I’m getting them the nutrients that they need to grow their little bodies. I love that the added NESQUIK chocolate powder not only gives this recipe a rich and creamy chocolate taste, but also helps to ensure my kids are getting some much needed calcium. A crucial nutrient that I often lack.
Pipe a batch of this NESQUIK Chocolate Mousse into fancy wine glasses and garnish with chocolate or berries to impress your guests, or spoon it directly from bowl to mouth, either way I won’t judge so long as you invite me over when it’s ready!
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup NESQUIK Chocolate Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- In a medium pot, heat ½ cup of heavy cream until just before boiling.
- Remove from heat and add NESQUIK chocolate powder to the hot cream mixing until combined.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Pour remaining 1½ cups heavy cream (cold) into a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and icing sugar and whisk with a hand mixer or a stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Stir the reserved chocolate cream mixture until smooth and creamy, then set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Gently fold in half of the whipped cream mixture into the chocolate mixture, and then gently fold in the remaining half until combined.
- Spoon or pipe NESQUIK chocolate mousse into cups or your mouth, and enjoy!
But wait! There’s more!
I’ve teamed up with my friends over at Nestlé to bring you a killer contest! To enter, all you have to do is share a creative recipe idea using Nestlé Nesquik and/or Carnation on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, tag me @BentoMomma and usethe hashtag #StirThingsUp for a chance to win chance to win one of two iPad Minis with counter stand case! Entries must be received on or before August 29th, 2017. Full contest details here.
Visit www.stirthingsup.nestle.ca for more great recipe ideas!