Breakfast is a popular meal in our home, but with busy schedules, finding the time to make something special can be difficult. This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake popped up in my Facebook feed recently from Tasty – you know, the site that features 30 second long videos showcasing seemingly simple recipes that leave your stomach grumbling and your mouth saying – I can totally make that!
Well, this is one of those!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
Posted by Tasty on Monday, December 7, 2015
This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake is unbelievably easy, and with only 7 ingredients, can be whipped up in a snap. 2 cans of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, Eggs, Milk, Maple Syrup and some spices and you’re on your way to a simply decadent breakfast bake.
- 2 Tubes - Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Pour the butter on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Open cinnamon roll tubes and reserve icing. Cut each cinnamon bun "puck" into 6 pieces and place into buttered baking dish making sure their spread evenly apart.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla until evenly combined. Pour egg mixture over the cut cinnamon roll pieces.
- Pour maple syrup over the entire mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Spoon icing into small dish and microwave for 20 seconds. Drizzle icing over cinnamon roll french toast bake and enjoy!
A quick prep time means you can have this whole recipe prepared and baked first thing on Christmas morning. Your family will wake up smelling ooey gooey maple cinnamony deliciousness.