Yes, they were that good!
As you probably know, I’m a big fan of the simplicity and versatility of ground beef. These Sloppy Joes were quick, easy, delicious, and had a very simple change to make them vegetarian!
So what is it that made these ordinary Sloppy Joes so epic? Well… I’ll let you in on a little secret. Details! I jazzed up our plain ole Sloppy Joes by topping them with some quick coleslaw that I whipped up while browning the beef and it really took these to a new level.
You’re gonna want to make these soon. I promise you’ll like them! Unless of course you don’t like beef, or coleslaw, in which case maybe just bake a frozen pizza instead, but for nearly the same amount of work, these are worth it!
- Ground Beef* (I use extra lean)
- Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- Tomato Paste/Spaghetti Sauce
- Bagged Coleslaw mix
- Coleslaw dressing**
- Brown your ground beef in a pan, drain off excess grease
- Mix in Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix, tomato paste (I always use pasta sauce as I never have tomato paste on hand), and water according to directions.
- Mix coleslaw and dressing
- Grate cheese
- Toast buns
- Slather Sloppy Joe mixture on top of toasted bun and top with cheese and coleslaw.
- Thoroughly enjoy!
- Come back and tell me how much you loved these!
*I didn’t specify the amount of beef to use for a few reasons. If you’re Big Batch Cooking you’ll be making way more than what’s required for this meal. This isn’t rocket science, use as much as you think you’ll eat and adjust your seasoning as necessary.
**I made my own coleslaw dressing (Recipe below) because I didn’t have any on hand, but to make this recipe even easier you could have Kraft or another company make it and bottle it for you!
Quick Coleslaw Dressing
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 5 Tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- Mix all ingredients
- Pour, to taste on coleslaw mix and combine. (the amount of dressing you use will depend on how much coleslaw you use!)