Hands up if the first thing out of your kids mouth when they walk in the door from school is “I’m hungry!!!”
I know I’m not the only Mom out there dealing with this. Whether I pack an entire cupboards worth of food, or a typical kid sized lunch, they’re dying of hunger when they walk through that door. So after school snacks need to be quick… NESQUIK in this case!
The biggest kid gravitates to granola bars for a pre-dinner “snack”, which typically leave him crashing from the sugar, and still hungry from the low nutrient content in prepackaged granola bars. NESQUIK Chocolate Powder has Less Sugar which equals a win for everyone.
These no-bake Chocolate Quinoa Energy Balls check all of the healthy but still great taste boxes! Not only will these satisfy the late afternoon munchies, but they are perfect for lunch boxes, or as a quick and easy on-the-go snack for our ever-busy lives.
Did I mention they’re one-bowl wonders?
That’s right. Simply mix the NESQUIK Chocolate Powder with all the other ingredients in a large bowl, stir things up, press into small equal bite-sized balls and refrigerate on a cookie sheet and you’re done!
The recipe calls for pre-toasting the oats and quinoa, but you can skip this step if you’re in a rush however I recommend it as it gives the energy bites a more robust toasty nutty flavour.
Store these energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks, but I assure you, they won’t last that long!
- 5 Tbsp NESQUIK Chocolate Powder
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- ⅓ cup Quinoa
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- ⅓ cup Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse quinoa in a sieve under cold water and shake/drip dry
- Spread oats and quinoa evenly on two cookie sheets and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until fragrant and beginning to turn golden
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix with a spatula or spoon until combined
- Using a small cookie scoop and your hands, roll into 20 equal-sized balls. You may have to gently squeeze to get the balls to stick together
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks
Visit www.stirthingsup.nestle.ca for more great recipe ideas!