- Eager child attending with my parents
- Eager fan watching my favorite player #60 (who happened to be my besties hubby!)
- Eager parent anxious to pass on the family tradition to my children
BC Lions games have taken on a whole new meaning now that the aspect of them being a family event has evolved. With my children getting older, many of this season’s games were attended my my parents, myself and my 2 kids, as well as my brother and often his son. That’s three generations! Talk about coming full circle from me attending games with my parents and grand parents as a child!
This year checked an item off of the bucket list when my dad, my daughter and I (from behind my trusty iPhone) made the Subway Dance Cam at the game. If that look of pure joy on both my dad and my daughters faces isn’t enough to make you run out and buy seasons tickets for next year, I don’t know what is!
The 2014 regular season may be over, however the fun has only just begun.With this year’s Grey Cup being held in Vancouver, there is no shortage of family friendly activities to take part in.
Here is a list of the Top 10 family activities to do during the Grey Cup Festival:
Top 10 family activities to do during the Grey Cup Festival:
- Hang out at the TELUS Street Festival – daily food trucks, interactive games and giveaways
- Bond with the family in the Nissan Family Zone – Daily family friendly events including Canadian Forces Bomb Truck, face painting etc. 11am-7pm daily at Jack Pooled Plaza
- Get educated in the CN Safety Zone – learn how to throw the pigskin, appearances by alumni (in the Nissan Family Zone)
- Test your skills in the Canadian Forces Obstacle Course (in the Nissan Family Zone)
- Check out the Save-On-Foods Grey Cup Festival Parade – starting at 10am in downtown Vancouver, cheerleaders, alumni and the Grey Cup!
- Watch the Canadian Direct Insurance Stage – daily family friendly performers and cultural programming
- Catch the 102nd Grey Cup Championship Game
- Cheer on at the Cheerleader Extravaganza – see all the team’s cheerleaders and dance teams perform at the Vancouver Convention Centre in a FREE family friendly event
- Fill yer boots at the Calgary Grey Cup Committee Pancake Breakfast – free pancake breakfast from 11:00am-1:00pm Thurs + Fri on the PlayNow.com Main Stage
- Meet the players at the CFL Alumni Autograph Sessions – daily in the Vancouver Convention Centre from 11:00pm – 7:00pm
Family Set of Official Grey Cup Festival Apparel ($250 value)
4 VIP spots to the Grey Cup Parade (including breakfast) ($400 value)
2 VIP Red Truck Lager Tailgate Concert Series passes (for the grown ups) ($300 value)
Once in a lifetime opportunity for a child aged 6-14 to be in the one of the VIP Vehicles in the Save-on-Foods Grey Cup Festival Parade!
Child must be between 6-14 and much be available in Downtown Vancouver on Saturday November 29, from 9:30-12:30. Exact details will be provided to the winner.
- Total Value: $950