Fall is soup weather.
Couch and onesie aside, nothing is cozier or more comforting than a hearty bowl of soup. Roasted Cauliflower Soup in this case!
I am a lover of all the carbs — chowder, chili, stew… You name it, I’ll eat it! I love this recipe in part because it’s crazy quick and easy to make, but also because it’s chalk full of carb-friendly cauliflower. Guilt free and a perfect recipe for sneaking in some veggies for any picky eaters you might have.
Roasting the cauliflower gives it a nutty and buttery flavour, and enhances the color with rich carmelized brown edges. Mmmmm. Whenever you can, always roast the cauliflower!
Throw all the ingredients into your Blendtec and before you know it you’ve got a deliciously hearty soup, hot and ready at your finger tips!
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1 head Cauliflower, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 oz Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Core cauliflower, and cut into small bite sized pieces and place into a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss until coated.
- Spread florets out into a single layer on a roasting pan. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 - 30 minutes or until tops are slightly brown and caramelized.
- Remove from oven.
- Sautée onions, celery and garlic in butter in a sautée pan until translucent.
- Add milk, veggie broth, roasted cauliflower, salt, pepper, paprika, and mustard and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove and set aside 4 cups of vegetable mixture.
- Carefully transfer the remainder of the mixture to the blender. Add cheese to jar and secure lid.
- Select "Soup" cycle and blend until complete.
- Add reserved mixture to blended soup and pulse on gentle for 5 seconds.
- Garnish with parsley, more shredded cheddar cheese or bacon.