It’s summertime, and in my house that means two things are guaranteed – the kids will chant “I’m bored!!” 642 times a day, every day, and I will get countless requests for Freezies because “It’s soooooooo hot!!!”.
I can’t blame them, I love Freezies as much as the next kid. Even as an adult, I still snip just a little extra off the top of the pop when making the opening cut, strangely enjoying that tiny pre-bite before indulging in the main pop. Tell me I’m not the only one who does that? And those little cuts you’d get on the sides of the inside of your mouth from the sharp plastic casing of the Freezie was like a summertime right of passage as a kid!
What I don’t love as an adult, and a mom of littles, is all the unnecessary artificial ingredients, synthetic dyes, and sugars contained within. Enter, Raspberry Peach Pops featuring Sparkling Ice. If you’re into healthy living – and even if you’re not, try out these Raspberry Peach Pops that I promise will be a hit all summer long. If you’re new to Sparkling Ice it is a lightly carbonated, zero-calorie drink that marries sparkling water, fruit juice, vitamins, and antioxidants and is the perfect ingredient for these frozen treats.
The recipe is super simple and can be easily customized to fit any of the wide variety of Sparkling Ice flavours available, including the all new Classic Lemonade and Pink Grapefruit flavours recently released in Canada! Seriously, the flavour possibilities are endless! You’ll be indulging in a different delicious pop each week.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 bottle Sparkling Ice Black Raspberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 bottle Sparkling Ice Orange Mango
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- To make the raspberry layer, purée raspberries and sugar in a blender. Add Sparkling Ice Black Raspberry and mix until combined.
- Fill each popsicle mold ½ full with raspberry mixture.
- Freeze half full popsicles upright while you make the peach purée.
- To make the peach layer, follow the same steps as the raspberry layer. Purée peaches and sugar in a blender. Add Sparkling Ice Orange Mango, and sugar in a blender until very smooth.
- Remove half full popsicles from the freezer and add peach mixture over raspberry mixture until just below full (pops will expand slightly when frozen so make sure not to overfill).
- Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
Are you following on social media? Find BentoMomma on:
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // YouTube // Pinterest
Sabrina Tong says
I love so many of the flavours that it’s hard to choose just one! I do enjoy the lemon lime and pink grapefruit flavours but that cherry limeade is looking pretty amazing right about now.
The pink grapefruit is so refreshing! Better than pop and zero-calorie too!
DAR W says
Pineapple Coconut! Is my jam!
Yassssss!!! That’s my jam too! Love all things coconut!
Grape Raspberry sounds good.
So good! Thanks for entering and don’t forget to enter over on Instagram too!
Tina W says
Cherry Limeade sounds good to me!
Jeannie Lam says
I would pick the Kiwi Strawberry because I think that combo sound amazing.