Cod en Papillote with Lemon Mango Salsa is a flavourful one pack dish perfect for weeknight dinners.
As the weather gets warmer and warmer, the amount of time that I want to spend indoors gets lower and lower. Sadly though, Vancouver is infamous for teasing us with days of beautiful weather followed by seemingly endless amounts of rain.
Summers are made for grilling, but being a fair-weather kinda gal, when rain hits I tend to take my cooking indoors. This means that creativity is key when your BBQ plans get washed away. Creativity is also key when it comes to cooking for kids which is why I’m using a pantry staple, Nestlé Good Host Lemon Iced Tea Powder to Stir Things Up with my family!
“en papillote” is French for “in parchment”, and is a method of cooking where the food is put into a folded pouch or parcel of parchment and baked. The benefit of cooking en papillote is that the parchment parcel holds in moisture to perfectly steam the food inside. As I’m notorious for overcooking, and drying out fish, this has fast become a favourite cooking method in my house.
Another side benefit of cooking en papillote is that you can individually cook each portion in one packet for a quick and easy meal.
For this Cod en Papillote recipe, I selected cod simply because it’s all I had readily available to me at the grocery store, but any in season light white fish like basa, halibut, or sole, would work well.
Both prep and cook time are quick and easy on this one, and the recipe is quite forgiving with what you put in. Sub green beans for the asparagus, or any other complimentary vegetable, just be sure to keep it thinly sliced as the cook time is low and you want everything to be done at the same time.
Top with freshly made mango salsa and enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Nestlé Good Host Lemon Iced Tea Powder
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 Zucchini, Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced in Strips
- 8-10 Asparagus
- 3 6-Ounce Cod or other White Fish Fillets
- 1 medium Mango, Diced
- ¼ Red Onion, Diced
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- ½ Lime, Juiced
- 1 tsp Nestle Lemon Iced Tea Powder
- 1 Jalapeño, Seeded and Minced
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Cob of Corn, Kernels removed
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil, lime juice, Nestlé Good Host Lemon Iced Tea Powder, garlic, salt and pepper
- Add sliced zucchini and red bell pepper and toss to coat
- Transfer zucchini and peppers to a large piece of parchment paper, reserving oil
- Top zucchini and peppers with asparagus, and then place fish evenly across top of veggies
- Drizzle reserved oil over fish
- Fold one side of parchment paper over center of fish, fold the other side of parchment paper over center of fish so it over laps. Gentle roll ends of parchment until sealed
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 - 15 minutes depending on thickness of fish
- In a medium bowl combine mango, onion, cilantro, lime juice, Good Host Lemon Iced Tea Powder, jalapeño, avocado, red pepper, corn, salt and pepper
- Toss until combined and set aside until fish is cooked.
- Top fish with salsa.
Visit www.stirthingsup.nestle.ca for more great recipe ideas!